Meeting Room Rentals
The library offers meeting rooms that can be rented by service groups or nonprofits to host programs or meetings. Meeting Room Policy 2.30 covers all aspects of the meeting room rental.
The Lake, Cook or Lake-Cook Rooms are available for rental.
Lake or Cook Room
60 theatre seating
30 classroom seating
25 block seating
Lake-Cook Combined Room
160 theatre seating
60 classroom seating
Fees are for three hours and include the use of all audiovisual equipment. This time includes set-up. There is no discount if the room is rented for less than 3 hours.
Cook Room - $50
Lake Room - $50
- Lake-Cook Room - $100
- In the library: Cash, check or credit card. You must have the library card and PIN associated with the room rental.
- By mail: Check, payable to the Indian Trails Public Library District. Send to 355 Schoenbeck Rd., Wheeling, IL 60090, Attn: Jane Seidman.
- Online: Credit card (a service fee of 55 cents is charged for online payment). You must have the library card and PIN associated with the room rental.
Rooms are available for rental when not used for library program or other sponsored events. The library will open rentals on a rolling basis.
|September-December 2018||Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-6 pm|
|January-March 2019||Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-8:30 pm|
|Beginning March 2019||
Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-8:30 pm;
Saturday, 9:30 am-4:30 pm; Sunday, 1:30-4:30 pm
Contact Jane Seidman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-279-2250, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. Calls and/or emails are usually answered within 24 hours on weekdays.
Reservations are accepted during the following times:
|Rental Month||Reservations Open|
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older, reside in the Indian Trails Public Library District and have a current valid ITPLD library card in good standing.
- Applicant must remain in the room during the meeting.
- Rental reservations must be made in advance.
- All fees must be paid prior to the applicant using the room.
Rooms may not be used for the following:
Social gatherings, such as birthday parties, bridal showers or family reunions, recitals, musical programs, etc.
Commercial transactions such as realty closings, paid tutoring, depositions, or other such activities where a fee is charged or business is solicited and transacted.
Political rallies and or meetings organized for the purpose of urging action such as voting for a candidate.
- Rooms can be rented for a maximum of three hours, one time per month.
See Meeting Room Policy for 2.30 for a list of limitations.